Monday, November 24, 2008

It's Almost Thanksgiving

I can't believe that it's almost Thanksgiving. It's all about two of my favorite things - food and football. That means my first semester back in school is almost over. It's gone pretty well so far. I'll probably end up with a mix of As and Bs. Next semester will be the hard one. I'll take Intermediate Accounting II, Auditing, Gov't Accounting, and Fraud Accounting in the spring, which will leave Taxation and an Advanced Accounting Capstone course for the summer term. It feels good to be almost halfway done already.

I have yet to receive any job offers from any of the firms that I interviewed with last month. That means I'll just have to wait until next semester when a lot of the accounting firms will come back to do more recruiting. I still feel pretty good about things, and going through the interviewing process this semester gave me a lot of valuable practice - I feel like I got better with each interview.

This has been one of the most disappointing ASU football seasons in my life. I've missed the last 3 games (whether on TV or in person) and it didn't bother me at all. The team is just awful to watch. They really shouldn't be this bad. For whatever reason, the offense is just pathetic. I just hope it gets fixed before next season.

Earlier this month, we went to Disneyland with the kids. Brooke has a lot of pictures from the trip on her blog, so check them out. The kids had a great time and all of us were worn out by the end of the trip.


1 comment:

Brooke Jenkins said...

Darling, I thought Thanksgiving was all about being thankful for the things we have. Silly me.